This guide will give a complete step by step on how to install OS 10.10 Yosemite on any PC that has a Intel base processor.
What You Need:
1. Built PC With Intel CPU
2. Any Computer Running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later.
3. USB Stick 8Gb or Larger
What you need to Download: Click for the link
DSDT (if needed)
Inorder to download Unibeast, Multibeast and DSDT files you need to have an account on tonymacx86. If you don’t have an account then you can create an here.http://www.tonymacx86.com/register.php.
Make your you have Unibeast and Multibeast downloaded and unziped on to your desktop.
STEP 1: Download OSX 10.10 Yosemite
The cool thing is that the whole OS is free for anyone who has a Apple ID and acess to a machine running 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or later.
- Open Mac App Store
- Log into your Apple ID
- Download OS X Yosemite (its a big file >5GB so relax)
STEP 2: Making a Bootable USB Drive
- Insert your USB drive the is 8GB or Larger
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility
- Select your USB drive
- Go to the Partition Tab
- Click Current and choose 1 Partition
- Click Options and Choose Master Boot Record
- Under Name: type USB
- Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
- Click Apply then Partition
Open UniBeast from your desktop
13. Choose Yosemite on the Select OS Installation screen
14. Click Continue
15. If using a 5 or 6 Series system with AWARD BIOS choose Legacy USB Support
16. If using a laptop, choose Laptop Support
17. Click Continue
18. Enter your password and click Install
UniBeast will now create the bootable USB drive. Once completed put your the Multibeast folder in the USB drive.
STEP 4: Boot into USB Drive
- Turn on the computer
- Press the hotkey to choose boot device (usually F12 or F8)
- Choose USB-HDD
- At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose USB and hit Enter
If you can’t get to the OSX installer, try typing in -x at the Chimera Boot screen. You can also type some other boot flags such as: GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, maxmem=4096, maxmem=8192, and npci=0x2000 individually or in combination in order to solve boot issues.
STEP 5: Install OSX Yosemite
Once you get to the installer:
3. Click Partition tab
4. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
5. Click Options…
6. Choose GUID Partition Method
7. Under Name: type Yosemite (You can rename it later)
8. Under Format select Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
9. Click Apply then Partition
10. Close out of the Disk Utility
12. When complete system will reset automatically.