Older Lower-End Parts List:
- Intel core i3 3225 dual core cpu $130
- Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard $110
- 4gb ddr3 RAM $25
- 250gb hard drive $30
- 460W Cooler Master PSU $40
- Bitfenix Prodigy case – Black $70
Total: $405 +taxes & Shipping
Higher-end Parts List:
Installing Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.0
What Hardware You Need:
1. Built PC
2. Any Computer Running Mac OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.6 or later.
3. USB Stick 8Gb or Larger
What you need to Download: Click for the link
Mountain Lion ($19.99 from App store)
Inorder to download Unibeast, Multibeast and DSDT files you need to have an account on tonymacx86. If you don’t have an account then you can create an here. http://www.tonymacx86.com/register.php
STEP 1: Download OSX Mountain Lion and all other files
1.You can buy and download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store using an Apple ID on any Mac or functional computer running OS X 10.6.6 or later.
2. Download Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Combo Update
4. Rename the DSDT file just “DSDT.aml”.
STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive
1. Insert the USB drive that is 8Gb or larger
2. Open Disk Utility, by searching “disk utility” in spotlight search
3. click the USB drive in left column
4. Click on the Partition tab
5. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
6. Click Options…
7. Choose Master Boot Record
8. Under Name: type USB
9. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
10. Click Apply then Partition
11. Download and run UniBeast for Mountain Lion
12. Click Continue, Continue, Continue, Agree
13. At Destination Select, choose USB and click Continue
14. If using a Socket 1156 system without Rate Matching Hub (RMH) USB choose Legacy USB Support
15. If using a laptop, choose Laptop Support
16. Click Continue
17. Enter password and click Install
The process will only take about 10-15 minutes, but will show hours. This is normal. Do not unplug computer or do anything at this time.
18. When Unibeast is done Copy all the downloaded files Unibeast, Multibeast, ML 10.8.3 Combo Update, and DSDT file to a separate USB drive or to your newly made Unibeast USB drive.
STEP 3: Install OS X Mountain Lion
But USB Set your BIOS or UEFI to Optimized Defaults, and your hard drive to AHCI mode.
If you’re using a Gigabyte Z77N WIFI you really don’t have to do anything with the BIOS Out of the box.
1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the F12 if you have a Gigabyte motherboards (F8 on Asus motherboards) to choose boot device
3. Choose USB and hit enter
4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose USB and hit Enter
Boot Troubleshooting Tips
If you have any problems during the boot process such as Black Screen, White Screen, Flickering Screen etc. Type some of these commands at the boot screen.
UniBeast has PCIRootUID=1 set by default for the most universal support for recommended builds. Set it manually to 0 by typing this command at the boot screen above.
Safe Mode- loads only basic drivers. Sometimes a cure-all to reach the installer.
Verbose Mode- allowing you to see the loading of the OS instead of the Apple Boot Screen.
This setting may be necessary on motherboards using Fermi and Kepler NVIDIA cards for installation.
5. When you arrive at the Installer, choose language.
6. You MUST format the destination drive:
a. In the top menu bar choose Utilities, and open Disk Utility
b. Highlight your target hard drive for the Mountain Lion installation in left column.
c. Click Partition tab
d. Click Current and choose 1 Partition
e. Click Options
f. Choose GUID Partition Method
g. Under Name: type Mountain Lion
h. Under Format: choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
i. Click Apply then Partition
j. Close Disk Utility
7. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Mountain Lion, or your existing install.
8. When install has succeeded, restart the system.
STEP 4: Post-Installation Using MultiBeast
1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the F12 if you have a Gigabyte motherboard (F8 Asus motherboard) to choose boot device
3. Choose USB again
4. At the Chimera Boot Screen, choose your new Mountain Lion installation on your HDD.
5. Complete Mac OS X Mountain Lion initial setup.
6. Drag downloaded files Unibeast, Multibeast, ML 10.8.3 Combo Update, and DSDT from your USB drive to your desktop.
7. Install the Mountain lion combo Update. DO NOT RESTART WHEN IT IS COMPLETE.
8. Go to Preferences/Security & Privacy and Enable Downloads from anywhere.
9. Open and run Multibeast’s UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation and any further drivers to enable audio, network, graphics, etc…
My Multibeast installation
10. Complete Multibeast installation and restart.
And you’re DONE!!! You now should have the latest version Of OSX installed on your PC.